Monday, November 12, 2007

LAST THING AT LAST!

Despite many frustrations due to my slow-tech brain, I am glad I participated in this program. I did find it challenging and very time consuming (15 minutes a day barely got me focussed), but it did force me to confront and conquer many new facets of technology I had put in the "too hard" basket. I still find a lot of blogging, podcats and Youtube clips self indulgent and pointless rubbish, and wonder where it will all end..
I still don't feel truly confident, but I am on the way. At least I now understand a lot of the jargon and terminology, and learnt things I can apply to my life and my library job. As libraries continue to evolve, Iam sure I will need to deal with more such technology and now feel better equiped to explore and embrace it.
I look forward to a time in my life when I have the time and enthusiasm to really play around with this stuff at a personal level. Travel was the overall theme of my blog and has I have significant travel plans for the future, I think I will enjoy exploring all of these wonderful tools by which to plan and communicate my adventures.
As I say this I know that by this time next year some of these tools will be already be obsolete. Iwonder if I will be able to keep up? I also wonder if we will still remember to converse, learn, challenge, question, listen, thank, remember, play, rejoice, celebrate and love each other face to face rather than face to computer.......

No comments: